First Visit for Chiropractic and Physical Therapy Treatment
What you can expect during your first visit to our San Rafael Office:
- Brief Paperwork - We'll ask you to fill out some brief paperwork to provide us with general information about yourself and your condition.
- History and Examination - You'll then meet with Dr. Kakleas to discuss your health-related problems and concerns. In order to accurately diagnose your problem, the doctor will ask you specific questions related to your condition. Next, a number of specialized tests will be performed to determine which tissues are affected and to what extent.
- X-Rays - Your specific condition may require us to take x-rays to either rule out more serious conditions or assist us in developing the most effective treatment plan for you.
- Same Day Treatment - Once finished with the examination and all appropriate studies, patients will generally be provided with their first treatment during this same visit. This may include spinal adjustments, physical therapies, and/or soft tissue therapies.
- Home Instructions - Prior to leaving, patients will be given instructions on certain activities or procedures to be conducted at home. This may include ice or heat application, avoidance of certain activities or positions, as well as home exercises and/or stretches.
- Schedule Your Next Appointment - You will be given a convenient appointment time for your follow-up visit. Generally speaking, patients are seen within 1-2 days and are provided with a complete review of findings. Treatment options for your condition will also be discussed during this time.
Give us a call today to schedule a chiropractic and/or physical therapy appointment or free consultation with Dr. Kakleas. We are conveniently located next to Highway 101 in North San Rafael, Marin County.